My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

HONEYMOON IN CABO


~~SIGH~~ How I wish I could return to that photo! To be back in Cabo at the Hilton on my honeymoon would be so dreamy. So, on this Travel Tuesday, I'd like to continue my flashback with out last big trip (before Colorado) which was in February. I think I'll try to keep these Travel Review posts short of stories and long on reviews to help out others.

I'll start with the Hilton, which is located in the in the Golden Corridor, which is 20 miles of gorgeous beaches between Cabo San Lucas (the more popular port town) and San Jose del Cabo (the airport and smaller town). We chose the Hilton because I had enough hotel points for 7 free nights, but I don't think it would have been my first choice if I had to pay. The resort is NOT all-inclusive, and the food and drinks are *VERY* pricey. ($6 for a can of coke by the pool plus tip!)


Overall, the hotel's architecture and decor was beautiful. We had a beautiful room, decorated with flowers & balloons awaiting our arrival, along with some champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries. When we ate at the restaurants, they were nice. I wish we had know about the mini-snack bar by the back pool before the last day. Luckily free breakfast vouchers were included with our stay, or we would have been forking over $20 (or $30 for the deluxe) breakfast per person per day plus tax plus tip!

It was the typical resort pool game most days- go claim your chair and put your stuff down to mark your territory. The pool area was never so crowded that we couldn't find a seat, but sometimes we could get a better angle on the sun or better view of the ocean. The hotel & pool area are elevated, so you can lay around the pool and watch the ocean- being on the look-out for whales.


The beach was nice and had a roped off area to keep vendors away. There were many chairs and cabana-huts for guests. There were always people renting out jet skis or snorkel equipment for whatever you wanted to do. There is a nice little cove formed by the rocks, and I think the Hilton has one of the few swimable beaches in the Cabo area (without dangerous riptides or undertow).

The staff was very friendly and helpful for the most part. The only other downside worth pointing out is that the hotel does quite a bit of convention & conference work, so I imagine the hotel could be over-run with attendees at certain times.
GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: Even though I'm not *in* Cabo anymore, I'm still on my honeymoon! ;)

No comments: