My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, April 24, 2009

Elida Egypt



Now is as good a time as any for a quick break for some more photos from MIL's Mediterranean Cruise. I *think* this post mostly features photos from Egypt, but I'm not certain. I loved this photo showing, what was supposed to be the focal point, some gorgeous building with traditional architecture, but partially blocked by the modern day eye-sore of a metal fence.



Of course the thing to see in Egypt is the Pyramids. I'm not sure which ones MIL saw, or if she was able to tour inside of them. H really wants to go, but it's not that appealing to me (in light of all the other fabulous places to travel).



I think some of the history behind it- the empires & kingdoms, along with the architecture is fairly fascinating, but I much prefer natural beauty- like mountains and waterfalls.



And of course, several totally cliche photos of the Sphinx.



Such an interesting culture that would build such elaborate structure for dying and burial. I'm shocked at our American burial traditions, so this is way over-the-top IMO.


She also did the traditional camel ride, which looks *interesting*, to say the least. We'll be doing a little desert adventure on our Africa trip (on the Dubai over-night lay-over), so we might ride some camels too!

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: Headed to Fiesta in San Antonio tonight!

No comments: