My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Off to Detroit



We're leaving the house at 5:30 this morning and headed back to the frozen tundra. I have some work up in Detroit, so we decided to make it a long weekend and check out what the Motor City has to do.




We're staying at the brand new MGM Grand Detroit, which is supposed to be really nice! After yesterday's test, I need some good R&R. I'm not a gambler at all, but H might play some blackjack.



There are quite a few cool car & automobile museums in town, and we're hoping to check out the Henry Ford Museum.



We will head to Comerica Stadium to see a baseball game Monday night to watch the Detroit Tigers in FREEZING (snowy!!!) weather.

Update: H told me he has to work Monday, so he's flying back Monday morning instead of Tuesday morning & I'll have to find somebody else to go to the game with. =((



Maybe check out the Detroit Institute of Art.




H might check out the Motown Museum while I'm at my meeting on Monday afternoon.



For sure having dinner in Greektown one night. We loved the food on our trip to Greece a few years back.

Tuesday afternoon I present the paper that I co-authored at the 2008 SAE World Congress at the Cobo Center. I've never been to the Congress before, but I'm sure all the exhibits will be interesting & I look forward to attending some of the other technical sessions where papers related to our industry will be presented.


GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY:
This is the best forecast I've seen since I started watching a week ago.

No comments: